Missouri United Methodist Church (average Sunday attendance 600), a socially conscious and open-armed church located adjacent to the beautiful University of Missouri campus in vibrant downtown Columbia, is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries. This position, which will operate in conjunction with the Pastor of Next Generation Ministries, will oversee the programming for and spiritual growth of our young people through grade 12.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and training of adult volunteers for Sunday school, small groups and other mentor relationships
- Development of spiritual growth and discipleship among youth
- Development and implementation of Sunday night youth programming & Thursday night Bible study
- Confirmation classes, Acolyte training and scheduling
- Children’s programming
- Programming and implementation of Vacation Bible School
- Leadership and management of part-time and/or volunteer staff and participation in Sunday morning worship
Candidate would work closely with a Family Ministries Team to plan the vision and future of Children’s and Youth Ministries at MUMC. This position will foster an atmosphere of faith, encouragement, welcome and joy within the church. Flexibility and confidentiality are required, as is familiarity with United Methodist theology.
Bachelor’s degree required; Minimum three years working with children’s and/or youth ministries. Energetic and enthusiastic demeanor welcomed for this growing and vibrant ministry.
Submit cover letter and resume, in addition to any other pertinent information, to
Missouri United Methodist Church
Attn: Trudy McManus, SPRC Chair
204 S. Ninth Street
Or by Email to Adriene@moumc.org with Youth Ministry in the subject line.