Supervision: Children’s Ministry Director/Director of Discipleship Formation
Hours: Average 10 hrs/Week
- Schedule nursery workers for ministries for MUMC.
- E-mail out monthly calendar.
- Update calendar as needed.
- E-mail reminders to workers.
- In communication with Children’s Ministry Director, responsible for hiring, training, and overseeing nursery workers.
- Keep child information sheet binder up to date and call attention to allergies, special needs to staff.
- Plan and distribute lessons/schedule to the nursery staff each week.
- Help navigate shared space with Discovery Days.
- Set Sanitation schedule and process for toys (to be carried out by full nursery team).
- Purchase snacks and necessary supplies.
- Maintain clean and safe environment. Schedule a semi-annual nursery clean-out (toys, books, etc.)
- Work with Family Ministries Team on vision for educational purposes.
- Do an “in person” check-in on Sunday mornings and make sure everything is set for the morning.
- Serve as liaison to Children’s Church and Serendipity Choir.
- Safe Sanctuary Certified, which includes criminal background check
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
Apply online at Indeed.com (MUMC Nursery Coordinator Post) or send resume to Missouri United Methodist Church, 204 S. Ninth St., Columbia MO 65201.