Purpose of the Position:
Worship is integral to the life and ministry of Missouri United Methodist Church. The Part-time Contemporary Worship Leader provides leadership, direction and coordination for our Worship Team as they lead the congregation in worship through music and song during our contemporary service on Sunday mornings.
- Passion for contemporary Christian worship and music and a deep desire to lead others into a transforming encounter with God in worship.
- Demonstrated mastery of vocal and instrumental (preferably guitar or keyboard) performance.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, lead, train and support developing vocalists and musicians.
- Strong relational skills and ability to work cooperatively and constructively with others.
- Responsible person who takes initiative and follows through with their expected responsibilities.
- Provide vocal and instrumental worship leadership on a weekly basis for contemporary service.
- Weekly rehearsals of instrumentalists and vocalists on Worship Team (combined paid and volunteer).
- Recruit potential musicians/vocalists.
- Choose songs for the contemporary service.
- Provide song sheets in the appropriate keys and arrangements prior to practices.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Works cooperatively with Worship Team members.