A wedding in a Christian sanctuary is a service of worship to God, celebrating not only the holy vows the couple takes but also God’s gift of and intention for marriage within the context of the Christian faith.
Weddings are typically performed by MUMC clergy staff after counseling with the parties involved. MUMC employs a Wedding Coordinator who is present at the rehearsal and wedding as an official representative of the church. Weddings are booked through the church office on a first-come, first-served basis. Non-member weddings are welcomed. If requested, another minister may officiate a wedding ceremony after approval of the MUMC Lead Pastor.
Weddings can be scheduled up to 18 months in advance for members of MUMC, and up to one year in advance for non-members. All weddings must be scheduled at least 3 months in advance.
Facility & Personnel Costs
- Sanctuary - $1600
- Seats 800 (including balconies)
- Chapel - $1000
- Seats 100
- Half of payment is due upon booking and the balance is due the Monday before the wedding
- Fee includes use of the building space, utilities, custodial charge, the bride’s room, the groom’s area (library), and all personnel fees
- Refundable Damage Deposit - $300
- Deposit due upon booking
- The deposit will be returned, following the wedding, if no damage is sustained to the building, furnishings, or equipment and provided that all vendors have honored the MUMC guidelines per the signed agreement.